Introduction Period 2021-2022
Hello soon-to-be ELC students!!
We know that starting university can be hard, especially when you don’t know anybody. But that is why we are here for you! Esperia is the study association of European Languages and Cultures. Within Esperia we have an amazing Introduction Committee that is preparing to give you an incredible introduction period where you can find out more about what you are about to learn and your language, all of this while attending some fun activities we have prepared specially for all of the first-year students of ELC. This year, unfortunately, we could not organise the introduction camp so instead, we have organised two introduction days for you:
- On the 4th of September we have, among other activities, a Treasure Hunt planned for you which is a great way to explore the city, especially if you are not from here.
- And on the 5th of September we have a marathon of games that we would usually play during the camp that you should not miss out on. If you want to attend one or both of these activities sign up here!
Furthermore, we have a bunch of activities in store for you to enjoy this period. Don’t believe us? Then take a look at what we have in store for you:
- Because we want to be active and also have some fun, on the 8th of September we invite you for some Beer Yoga in the park.
- The 16th of September is your chance to travel somewhere in the world and learn how to make for yourself some delicious local food during our Kitchen Workshop.
- One of the traditional activities during the introduction period is Crazy 88. What is it? Well, you will have to come and see for yourself on the 23rd of September.
- We are a study association after all and because we want you to know more about your own language as well as all the other languages within the ELC program, we are having a Meet your Language activity on the 27th of September.
- Last but not least, because we want you to have a good start in the academic life, but also into the social life here in Groningen, we have an End Party on the 30th of September.
If you are interested in any of these activities and want to know more when the time comes, sign up here so we can put you in a WhatsApp group with all the other first-years to be up-to-date with our plan and to be able to sign up for the activities.